Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Autism and the God Connection

Okay, so I'm cheating a little here. I've actually read a few books since my last post and I'll catch you up. Autism and the God Connection was the first one and it wasn't a bad book. I liked it. I lent it to Ben's OT so she could read it, but it's probably not something I'm going to read more than once. It's theory is persons with autism are more closely linked with God, and can see and hear things us regular people can't. I often think Ben sees things where we can't, how else do you explain flapping at nothing? The other book I've been reading rather reluctantly is Lisey's Story by Stephen King. And I'm giving up. I don't like it. I've read about 150 pages and it's just not compelling me. I guess I'll sell it on ebay. Life is short. No sense wasting my time. I've also recently finished a book I got from the library entitled "Not Buying It". It's written by a journalist who, along with her boyfriend goes an entire year without buying anything but the most basic of needs, like food. It's written as a journal, and I liked it quite a bit. I found it inspiring. I had a garage sale this weekend and it was amazing how much stuff I've collected and paid hard earned money for that I really don't care about! So, lesson learned, at least for now.

No comments: